Studio Policies: Registration, Tuition, Classes, Etiquette and Dress Code
- Summer registration is $25 and is due upon registering for classes. This fee will hold the student’s position in the classes they seek to enroll in is non-refundable. The fee may be paid via our link on the Registration and Payment tab on the current website or in person at the studio. Note: Summer Registration runs from June to August.
- Regular registration is $35 and is due upon registering for classes, throughout the year (non-Summer months). The registration fee will hold the student’s position in the classes they seek to enroll in is non-refundable. The registration fee may be paid via our link on the Registration and Payment tab on the current website or in person at the studio. Note: Regular Registration runs from September to May.
- Registration is mandatory if you wish to participate in any classes at our dance studio. Registration for classes is available via our on-line registration form, and must be done before your dancer begins class.
- Tuition will remain the same, unless notified otherwise. If you anticipate an absence, it will be the student’s or guardian’s responsibility to notify the studio to set up makeup classes or to request options for payment.
- Tuition can be paid via our online link or in person at the studio. We accept credit cards, checks.
- If you are paying at the studio, please place your payment in an envelope (studio will provided an envelope). Note: Please label your envelope with your student’s name and the classes you are paying for.
- Tuition is due the first week of dance classes each month. (Monday- Saturday) Tuition is late if not paid by the second week each month. If tuition is late, there is a $25 late fee added to you bill.
- If you are consistently late, or you tuition bill is more than two months past due, your dancer cannot attend classes until payments are made.
- If you pay in advance, then you leave without the two week notice, you will not receive a refund.
- When you using the online payment method and you’re clicking the tab, (invoice), you must specify in the comments what it is for.
- Credit towards tuition will only be issued if agreed upon prior to missing days OR if you have been notified that you can have a credit towards tuition.
Make up Policy:
- If you notify our studio in advance of classes that will be missed, you can schedule makeup classes to fill those missed days. However, if you miss your makeup class, you do not get an additional makeup class.
- If you notify our studio that your dancer is sick, you must request a makeup day(s), otherwise you will not receive a scheduled class for those missed days.
- In the event that a class is cancelled due to instructor illness, and a sub is unavailable, you may schedule a makeup class within two months. It will be the student’s and or guardian’s responsibility for requesting the dates available for the makeup.
Dropping a Class:
- A 30 day notice is required if you wish to drop a class. Otherwise you will still be charged for this class the following month.
- Should a student wish to re-enroll after dropping out of a class, a reregistration fee will apply.
- If you remain in our studio and drop classes with a two week notice and have prepaid for classes, you may request that money go towards next month’s tuition.
- We accept vouchers from most Charter Schools. You must take care of the paperwork to ensure that Aria’s To The Pointe is listed or registered as a Vendor.
- You must notify us upon sign up that you wish to use vouchers to pay for classes.
- You are still responsible for competition fees, costumes fees, performance fees and any payment the voucher does not cover.
- Creative Movement: Light pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. Skirts ok.
- Pre-Ballet: light-blue leotard, pink tights, pink waist belt, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. No skirts.
- Beginning Mini Jazz/Tap: Black leotard, pink tights, black tap shoes, black jazz or ballet shoes, hair in a bun, black shorts ok.
- Ballet level 1: Forest Green leotard, pink tights, pink waist belt, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. No skirts.
- Ballet level 2: Navy Blue leotard, pink tights, pink waist belt, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. No skirts.
- Ballet level 3: Black leotard (Navy Blue ok), pink tights, pink waist belt, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. No skirts.
- Ballet level 4: Burgundy leotard, pink tights, pink waist belt, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. No skirts.
- Ballet level 5 and 6: Black, Brown, Dark Purple, Navy Blue, Forest Green, or Burgundy leotard Pink tights. Pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun. Skirts ok.
- Stretch and Strength: Solid color leotard, solid color tights or form fitting pants, dance shirt/sweater ok. Hair out of face. Please bring yoga mat and elastic band (Theraband).
- Adult classes: Form fitting comfortable clothes. Leotard and tights encouraged but not mandatory. Ballet shoes. Hair in bun.
- Jazz/Hip Hop: Black Black leotard with matching black jazz pants or shorts. Black or tan jazz shoes. Hair up and out of the face.
- Broadway/Tap: Black or solid color leotard with matching jazz pants or shorts. Jazz shoes and tap shoes. Hair up and out of the face.
- Male Dancers: White t-shirt, white ballet shoes with black shorts or tightss.
- Summer Classes ONLY: you can wear dance shorts with your leotard and no tights if you prefer. Shorts must match leotard or be black, no patterns.
- Dancers should arrive early to be prepared for class.
- Ballet dancers must have a hair in nice tight bun at all times.
- Ballet warmups (sweaters, leg-warmers, shorts etc.) may be worn for plie’s only.
- For the safety of everyone, no dangling earrings or jewelry of any kind.
- No talking during class unless instructor gives permission to do so. This is disrespectful. If your dancer is asked several times to stop talking and does not, he or she will be asked to leave for the remainder of the class. No makeup class will be allowed.
- No street shoes are allowed in dance floor area at any time.
- No drinks, food or chewing gum are allowed in the dance area.
- Dancers who are late may enter the class in between a combination and ask the instructor for permission to join the class.
- If you are more than fifteen minutes late, you will be asked to schedule a makeup class. This disrupts the teacher and the dancers in class. Missing a large portion of a warm up can lead to injury.
- No food is allowed in the dance studio. Due to various food allergies and ants.
- Only water is allowed in the studio.
- Please talk quietly, if you cannot do so, you will be asked to step outside.
- Do not disturb the class in session. Only the teachers and permitted persons are allowed in the classroom.
- Please do not move the furniture to stand on chairs or tables to view the class in session.
- I will decide the appropriate level for your student, this placement is based on technique, stamina, flexibility, work ethic, and ability to pick up combinations.
- If you wish to discuss the progress of your students, please schedule a meeting.
- For safety reasons, I will decide when a dancer will be placed en pointe, and not all students will be ready for pointe work at the same age or level.
- The instructors will use a hands-on technique to make sure the student knows where the placement of the body needs to be.
- Stretching is an important part of dance and it's encouraged to do so at home and during our scheduled Stretch and Strength classes.
- Use of elastic band (Theraband) is a necessity for all students preparing for pointe work.
- If only a couple of students show up to class, I reserve the right to make the class time slightly shorter.
- I require a minimum of three students in each class. I reserve the right to cancel the class due to low enrollment. You will have the option to move to different day, if this is to occur. Or be placed on a wait-list if preferred.
- Dance school Team Jackets are required if you wish to participate in competitions.
- If you wish to participate in Competitions or Dance Company, you must take a minimum of two ballet classes per week.
- It is my sole discretion what choreography and costumes are to be used is used for the competition dances. This applies to groups and solos.
- If you feel your student needs extra one-on-one instruction, please inquire about a private lesson.
Dance Studio Etiquette:
Ms. Aria’s Rules: